Tuesday 30 November 2010

My First Post. . .

It has taken an embarrassingly large amount of thought to sit down and create this blog, let alone even write something. There are so many things I know I would like to say; a matter of transforming my thought process into words yet, it seems so difficult. 
I have never believed in this kind of social media, the thought of being this open, expressing thought as well as not believing that I can write what I want to write in such a way that people would actually want to read it; but, here I am. I will make the attempt and I hope that I will be able to share how I feel about the world and the things I believe in and do not, and maybe it can develop into a common interest; a fight for change. I hope that we can inspire each other.  

There is so much going on in the world and I know for a fact that “Nobody can do everything, but everyone can do something.” I am still not sure where this quote has come from, although one thing I am sure about is that this is absolutely true and I believe it with all my heart!

I don’t know what inspired me to do this today, but I am glad that I have taken this step. Life is too short and I want to embrace every moment as I am sure many of you wish to do. Someday, I want to able to say that I made a small difference to the world. This can be seen as sounding selfish, a dream so far fetched that it is possibly impossible? Maybe it is, but that is a very small part of it. I have been fortunate enough to be blessed with a great family, amazing friends, all without whom I could not live. I have every opportunity to do as I wish, be what I want to be and not everybody is as lucky.

Working within a non-profit organisation has always been an ambition of mine and I have been extremely fortunate to have been given an opportunity to work for a truly amazing organisation soon after graduating. The Princess Royal Trust for Carers helps improve the lives of the many carers and young carers out there and providing the support that they deserve. The experience has opened my eyes even more into the daily suffering of many and I just can’t take how unfair life can be sometimes. I want to do more.

I have cried about so many things in my life so far, but when I think about the unjust nature of life and how so many out there are suffering in their own way, I try to remember the good in my life and I hope that all of you out there can do the same.

I believe it is time for me to stop rambling on. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and I really hope that it becomes something we can all use to share our views, aspirations and thoughts about anything and everything.

Don’t forgot, “Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.”
(Harriet Tubman)

Much love,

Anokhi 

No comments:

Post a Comment