Tuesday 30 November 2010

A great friend and an even greater writer...


First and Foremost ...a little bit of PR!

She will probably kill me, but deep down, I know she will appreciate this and I am sure that considering she knows me very well, she has probably seen this coming.

Now, even though she doesn't need me promoting her at all and her work speaks for itself, I just had to big her up. So, who in blue blazers am I going on about?

Kavi Shah, a nearest and dearest, a recent Psychology and Journalism Graduate who is an absolutely amazing writer is just waiting to be discovered. With a first class honours degree in her hand, she is smart, committed, hard working and extremely passionate about telling stories and keeping everyone in the loop.

She is inspiring and without any doubt she is going to succeed in so many ways. She already has a huge fan base and being one of them, I understand that I am biased, but I cannot lie to save my life and everything I write is 100% true, especially when it comes to this one.

What can she do?

Firstly, as you may have guessed, she is a print/online journalist. She has gained more experience than anyone I know and she has learnt a lot throughout her University years. She has learnt to interview sources, report, write, sub-edit, proofread, pitch features and write both features and news.
She has excellent layout and production skills – and can speedily lay out pages using Adobe InDesign (Skill level: intermediate to advanced) and Quark Xpress (Skill level: basic to intermediate) and can also manipulate images using Adobe Photoshop (Skill level: basic to intermediate).

What do I truly admire?

Personally, I admire every single aspect. The most admirable thing is that she doesn’t give up. She has graduated and is currently looking for a job. Alongside this tedious process, she has been volunteering at various Newspapers and Magazines so that she can develop the promising skills she already possesses as well as gaining new ones.
She has a blog where not only can you find out more about her, her experience and her skill-set but also a wide range of articles that she has written from restaurant reviews and personal experiences to everyday affairs that can affect each and every one of you.

Please visit http://shahkavi.wordpress.com – you will not be disappointed!!

If anyone out there is looking for a writer/sub/designer, or if you have any questions, or simply just want to see her CV, please do not hesitate to contact her.

Email: kavishah89@gmail.com.
Alternatively, follow her on Twitter @kavishah1

Thank you for reading,

Much love,

Anokhi

No comments:

Post a Comment