Friday 31 December 2010

My last post of 2010...

As the year is coming to an end, I thought I would write a post before we all go off to celebrate and welcome the New Year!!

2010 has been a great year for me (growing up wise) and like every year, I've learnt a lot. It has definitely had its moments - good and bad! I have graduated, turned 21 and started my first official job. Wowza!

I hope that 2011 can be an even better year; a chance for me to discover myself and my passion and to begin this new decade with the aspirations to succeed and create a life for myself now that I have completed University.

I have many things that I wish to do this year, as I am sure you all do and you may have already thought of your New Year Resolutions or will do so at some point in the next 24 hours.

To name a few, I want to skydive in the summer and raise money for a good cause or several - these are yet to be confirmed. I didn't get a chance to do so right after I graduated, but I also plan to do a bit of travelling once my contract with The Trust ends - volunteering in India as well spending time with my family. There is so much that can be learnt whilst travelling. Plus, I haven't actually had much of a break since finishing uni and entering the world of work so I am hoping that I follow through with this plan and stick to it! :-)

Another resolution is to find myself a permanent job whilst also trying to figure out my career ambition and what I would actually be good at as well as enjoy! Working within Communications and at The Trust in general has taught me a lot and I have been extremely lucky to have a wonderful Team and colleagues who have been extremely supportive as well as ensuring that my experience is worthwhile. My manager has taken out time to provide me with training sessions and I am so grateful for this. I am most definitely enjoying myself as well as taking away every moment that will no doubt help me better myself.

I am beginning to see that these are more 'plans' rather than resolutions but again, things I have only thought up in my head and hope to pursue!

One other thing - more of a resolution that I really hope I stick to, is to resume the activities that used to be a part of my life as well as to make sure that I keep fit - swimming and dancing. I have become quite lazy over the years, using the excuse of 'no time' and have not continued with swimming regularly. Therefore, one of my New Year Resolutions will to be go swimming- let us start with weekends for now.

I can't think of any more at the minute but you get the gist. What are yours? Are you usually good at keeping them? I tend to set very realistic ones so that I can stick to them...but there have been times where I just haven't stuck to any. Maybe 2011 will be the year ey!

Well, whether you intend to set yourselves goals for the upcoming year or not, I hope that you all have a fantastic year, filled with happiness, success and fulfilment.

Let us welcome the New Year with a bang and I would just like to thank each and every one of you for reading my blog - and here is to many more posts and many more readers!!!

We will open the book.  Its pages are blank.  We are going to put words on them ourselves.  The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year's Day.  ~Edith Lovejoy Pierce
 The chorus from an amazing song...let's take away these words and begin the year right!


Reaching for something in the distance
So close you can almost taste it
Release your inhibitions
Feel the rain on your skin
No one else can feel it for you
Only you can let it in
No one else, no one else
Can speak the words on your lips
Drench yourself in words unspoken
Live your life with arms wide open
Today is where your book begins

The rest is still unwritten. . .


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY! Have a FAB one and I shall catch you in Jan 2011!

Much love,

Anokhi

No comments:

Post a Comment